This book was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
Girls, you need to read this book. It’s half-fiction, half-nonfiction. The story is wonderful, and Sarah Mally writes the advice in between the sections like she’s your older sister sharing her own experiences with you. It’s definitely a must-read, especially for girls who are boy-crazy or find themselves thinking about guys and dating a lot. Here are some of my favorite quotes (the ones in italics are from the fiction parts):
- I have known many young ladies who were consumed with dating and thoughts about boyfriends, and thus wasted the years of their youth.
- If you truly desire to guard your heart, then it should be obvious to you that you ought to avoid any influences that distract your thoughts or stir up wrong desires.
- A heart that is truly guarded must have no vacancies – no empty spaces that need to be filled, no voids that leave open places and room for the enemy to get in.
- “Be ye on important business?” asked the alligator. “Be ye the castle receptionist?” returned the knight.
- … I want to remind you that our primary motivation for caution and wisdom is not to avoid pain.
I hope everyone will enjoy reading this book! Read it! 🙂