In case you don’t know, this doesn’t work. Arguing won’t change someone’s mind. And you probably don’t want to find that out the hard way. Arguments, especially about religion, tend to only create conflict and hard feelings. And face it. If everyone is like me, no amount of arguing will change their minds. And if you prove that you’re right? People will avoid admitting that they’re wrong if they can.
If someone is wrong about something biblical, and it’s something dangerous, you should confront them about it gently and avoid an argument if you can. Remember to do this out of love, not so-called “superiority”.
And, just for laughs…
Please don’t judge this post by the title. 😛
You Only Live Once.
Why has this become such a negative thing? True, people use it as an excuse to do a lot of things. “Hey, you only live once, you know?” It gives them an excuse to do crazy things, like skydiving or bungee jumping or going on cruises or literally shopping until they drop. It supposedly gives them an excuse to do bad or sinful things, like steal or murder or deceive or drink.
But as Christians, we can change that into motivation.
After all, if you’re only going to live once (which everyone does… *gasp*) then why not mention your faith to the clerk at the grocery store? Why not leave an encouraging note on the table in the restaurant with your tip? Why not tell someone that Jesus loves them? Why not pray in public for those around you?
Why not share your faith?
You only live once, people.
Live loud for Jesus.
Thanks so much to Katheline Hansen for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! Here are the rules:
- Give 5 facts about yourself.
- Answer the blogger’s five questions, and create your own.
- Nominate five other bloggers.
Five Facts (Trying not to use ones I’ve used before)
- I’m a Holmie. Which is technically the same thing as a Sherlockian, but it sounds cooler.
- I’m learning how to drive… and trying to stay off curbs. Yes, I rode on the curb the other day… 😛
- I get character names for my stories off of headstones sometimes. (Yeah…)
- I LOVE taking pictures… once I start, I find it hard to stop. 😉
- I don’t have a smart phone. (And you can tell I’m running out of facts. :D)
Katheline’s five questions:
- Beach or mountains? – Mountains. But I love the beach too. 😉
- What’s your favorite book? (Yes I’m evil like that. XD) – Argh, very evil! Non-fiction, the Bible. Fiction… The Chronicles of Narnia and Sherlock Holmes. That’s as close as I can get to one book. 😉 There are plenty more books out there that I absolutely love, too.
- Which book character do you think you’re most like? – What? I haven’t thought about that concerning books. I have no idea. Good question. Wow… I’m stalling. I guess I’d be like Dr. Watson (female version, of course), maybe a little like Stevie from the Saddle Club series. 😉
- What animal do you think you’re most like? – Heh heh, that’s hard. Which animal seems quiet, and then, BOOM, it’s not anymore? That would be me.
- What places would you most want to visit, or would you want to travel at all? – England. London. Definitely. Australia, or maybe a continental European country, would also be cool.
Five Questions for my Nominees
- You’ve got one day left of your life. What would you want to do?
- Pirates or ninjas, and why?
- If you were turned into one of the Avengers, which one would you be most like?
- What are your top three favorite Bible characters, and why?
- (I’m going to be evil, too) What is your favorite book?
I hope all of those that I nominate will accept and I hope that you have enjoyed this! 🙂