I have to admit that I am terrible at staying organized. Not only my room, but my schedule, schoolwork, writing… But, then again:
I’m trying to do better this year, so I’ve been organizing my daily planner that I got for the new school year. I’ve been having quite a bit of fun with it. And that, my friends, is the reason for this post.
5 Reasons Why Planners Are Awesome
- It helps you keep track of things. Let’s be honest, no one has a perfect memory. And it’s very easy to forget that you have a dentist appointment on a certain day and to schedule a fun trip with a friend on that day. You don’t want to be the one to cancel at the last minute because you forgot about something important. Besides, if you write it down in your nifty planner, you don’t have to memorize the date.
- You can keep track of assignments. We’ve already established that we tend to forget things. And if you ignore procrastination, forgetfulness is a big cause of missing assignments, whether for work or school. A planner is great for keeping track of these things.
- It can help you set goals. I tend to forget, change, and ignore my writing goals when I simply make them in my head. Writing them down in a planner helps me remember I need to try to meet them, and it also makes it seem more permanent. Either way, I feel it helps me hit milestones. And as another plus, the more goals you set (and meet), the more you can reward yourself. But we can talk about
bribesrewards another time.
- It doesn’t distract. This is the big reason for using a physical, paper planner instead of your computer. In the age of Internet and wifi, sometimes we’re too connected. And while it may seem handy to have your planner on your phone, you face the distractions of Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and Snapchat and Tumblr and Pinterest and Youtube and whatever other social media sites you’re on. Just sayin’.
- They look cool. There are so many different options for planners out there, it makes it hard to choose! If you find one that you absolutely love, you won’t feel any shame carrying it with you.
And there, my friends, are five reasons why planners are awesome. Do you use a planner? How do you keep your schedule organized? And are you ready for the school year? Comment below!