What does true beauty look like? In 1 Samuel 16:7, God tells Samuel that: “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” We shouldn’t judge beauty by outward appearances’ we should look at people’s hearts. Instead of judging others or ourselves by what the media tells us beauty is, we should look at everyone, including ourselves, with God’s view of true beauty. The one who has Jesus in their heart and follows his commands is truly beautiful.
So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
When you accept Christ into your life, you’re inviting him to live inside of you. So doesn’t it make sense to take out the trash?
I think that pretty much describes the Hulk. Unless you want to be more specific, using words like “wrath” or “rage”.
Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry.
Ever heard that verse before? A lot of people have probably heard it in some form or another at some point. The Hulk would do good to follow Paul’s advice.
What Paul is saying right here is that we shouldn’t hold grudges. We should be kind to others, not staying angry at them. If we show God’s kindness to them, we can help to change their hearts.
This book was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
Girls, you need to read this book. It’s half-fiction, half-nonfiction. The story is wonderful, and Sarah Mally writes the advice in between the sections like she’s your older sister sharing her own experiences with you. It’s definitely a must-read, especially for girls who are boy-crazy or find themselves thinking about guys and dating a lot. Here are some of my favorite quotes (the ones in italics are from the fiction parts):
- I have known many young ladies who were consumed with dating and thoughts about boyfriends, and thus wasted the years of their youth.
- If you truly desire to guard your heart, then it should be obvious to you that you ought to avoid any influences that distract your thoughts or stir up wrong desires.
- A heart that is truly guarded must have no vacancies – no empty spaces that need to be filled, no voids that leave open places and room for the enemy to get in.
- “Be ye on important business?” asked the alligator. “Be ye the castle receptionist?” returned the knight.
- … I want to remind you that our primary motivation for caution and wisdom is not to avoid pain.
I hope everyone will enjoy reading this book! Read it! 🙂